Contact InfoOffice of Student Affairs John Keller Van Nuys Medical Science 635 N Barnhill Dr. RM 162 Indianapolis, IN 46202 PH: 317-274-2264 EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
As of June 1, 2012, ALL medical students from LCME (Medical Degree) Schools In The U.S. And Puerto Rico And COCA Accredited AACOM Member (Doctor Of Osteopathy) colleges must use the American Association of Medical Schools Visiting Student Application Service – VSAS – to apply for electives at Indiana University School of Medicine.
Applications for 2017-18 will be accepted beginning Friday, April 28, 2017.
IUSM Guest Elective Calendar 2017-2018
LCME (MD) Schools in the U.S. and Puerto Rico
COCA Accredited AACOM Member (DO) Colleges
Use these instructions if you are an M.D. student currently enrolled at an LCME accredited U.S. medical school or a D.O. student currently enrolled at a COCA ACCREDITED AACOM school.
Eligibility – Any student currently enrolled at an LCME accredited U.S or Puerto Rico School of Medicine or a COCA ACCREDITED AACOM Doctor of Osteopathy school who has completed, or will have completed, his/her clinical clerkship training before starting an elective, is eligible to apply for guest student elective study at the Indiana University School of Medicine. A qualified applicant will be limited to one month of elective study.
For electives beginning June 30, 2017, IUSM will only accept MD or DO student applications through the American Association of Medical Colleges (AAMC) Visiting Student Application Service (VSAS) online system. See http://www.aamc.org/students/medstudents/vsas/ for current VSAS information or call (202) 478-9878. Only the courses listed in the 2017-18 VSAS catalog will be available. This will be posted in the VSAS system by May 1, 2017. No additional courses may be added. The IUSM 2016-17 Electives Catalog is available here.
In addition to the VSAS application, please submit the following application materials:
- Immunization Forms – IUSM will only accept the AAMC Standardized Immunization Form for electives beginning June 30, 2017. This can be printed or downloaded from the VSAS site or at the supplemental document website below and must be completed and signed by your physician. You will be required to have a fully up-to-date immunization and eligibility chart uploaded and fully up-to-date at least 45 DAYS prior to the start of your elective. If any part of your immunization form is out of date, processing of your application will be delayed or possibly revoked
- Application Processing Fee of $60 due once you accept an elective offer. This payment must be made online via the IU Event link: IUSM Online Payment. This payment will only be due after a course is approved and accepted by the student. You will receive info regarding payment with your VSAS offer.
Please upload a copy of your USMLE STEP 1 OR COMLEX LEVEL 1 board score for departmental use. Some IUSM departments will not review your application without it.
For those interested in the IUSM Anesthesia elective 93AN710, please address a letter of interest regarding the residency to Dr. Matt Warner and upload as a supplemental document with your application request. The letter should be no longer than three paragraphs and include your USMLE board scores.
For those interested in the IUSM Emergency Medicine elective 93ZE720, please address a letter of interest regarding the residency to Jim Graber and upload with your application request as a supplemental document. The letter should be no longer than three paragraphs and include your USMLE board scores. Please contact EM student coordinator Jim Graber to discuss availability of this elective.
- Proof of BLS certification, OSHA, Criminal Background check and Maskfit must be noted by your coordinator. »» VSAS
- Required VSAS Supporting Document: »» Immunization Form
- Electives: »» Electives Listing
International Guest Students
Use these instructions if you are visiting IUSM from an Officially Affiliated International University.
Any final-year student approved by the administration and contact person at a school listed below is eligible to apply for guest student elective study at the Indiana University School of Medicine.
YOU MUST ATTEND A UNIVERSITY LISTED BELOW:
- All Canadian LCME Accredited Medical Degree Program Schools
- Sun Yat-Sen University, China
(Contact Yingli Wu at email@example.com)
Please contact IUSM Medical Student Education via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for information regarding the application process.