Join a SIG
There are dozens of IU School of Medicine SIGs across the state. Medical students are also eligible to join student organizations at their host campuses. Check out the list of current registered SIGs.
Create a SIG
Don’t see a SIG that fits your interests? Create your own!
Benefits of creating a registered SIG
- Official MSC support for the SIG and official events
- Access to start-up capital and ongoing financial support from IUPUI and MSC
- (IUPUI funding for Indianapolis campus only, other campuses have access to resources on their home campus)
- Access to IU School of Medicine leadership via the MSC Executive Board
Process to create a SIG
Approval of a Student Interest Group (SIG) is based on the following process:
- For Indianapolis groups: Fulfill minimum new registered student organization (RSO) requirements outlined by IUPUI.
- Submit a constitution to the MSC Vice President of Statewide Affairs, using this example constitution.
- Submit the name and email address of your faculty advisor to the Vice President of Statewide Affairs.
- The Vice President of Statewide Affairs will provide you with a list of standard questions. You should prepare responses to these questions prior to attending an MSC general meeting.
- For final approval, representatives from the prospective SIG must appear before the MSC voting body and present their request with a concise five-minute presentation addressing the provided questions. MSC recognition can then be awarded pending a movement for recognition and a majority (2/3) vote of approval.
- Approved SIGs must then follow all the annual requirements to stay registered.