The Indiana University Medical Student Program for Research and Scholarship (IMPRS) is IU School of Medicine’s official office for medical student research. Whether it’s helping students get involved in paid summer research opportunities in Indiana between the first and second year of medical training or providing students grants and one-on-one advising for international research opportunities, IMPRS is the hub for all medical student research opportunities and support in Indiana and beyond.
- To provide a diverse array of research and scholarly opportunities to enrich the research and experiential education for all IU School of Medicine medical students.
- Enhance intellectual inquisitiveness.
- Foster an environment of scholarly endeavors.
- Support excellence in the development of physicians, physician-scientists, educators and investigators.
IMPRS focuses on many types of research areas, including:
- Laboratory/translational opportunities
- Clinical opportunities
- Health research outcomes opportunities
- Community health education opportunities
- Student research advising
- Facilitating mentor-student connections
- Student research funding
- Connecting students with research and scholarly opportunities in Indiana and beyond
Student Research Committee Members
Faculty, staff and students work together in the IMPRS Student Research committee to provide students access to research support, advising and other resources.
- Faculty and Staff Members
- Teresa Bell, PhD
- Janice Blum, PhD
- Robert Considine, PhD
- Linda DiMeglio, MD, MA, MPH
- Susannah Ellsworth, MD
- Burcin Ekser, MD, PhD
- Jose Espada, Ex Officio
- Erin Foster, MLS
- Shannon Hawkins, PhD
- Andrew Lobashevsky MD, PhD
- Raghu Mirmira, MD, PhD
- Medical Student Members (serve for two academic years)
- Monica Cheng (2018-2020)
- Christina Huang (2019-2021)
- Neal Patel (2019-2021)
- Mitra Sharifi (2018-2020)
- HR Sagara Wijertne (2019-2021)