Note: Radiology can be taken in Phase 2 or 3, but if taken in phase 2, it will be in 2 weeks of the vacation block.
Orientation to Clerkships
Half day virtual orientation to the clerkships which will review key information prior to the start of the Phase 2 experience.
Transitions 2 (T2)
Transitions 2 (T2) is a mandatory course at beginning of Phase 2. The course builds upon Phase 1 experiences by helping students develop the skills required to serve as a high-functioning member of a health care team during Phase 2 and beyond.
Sessions to Enhance Physician Success (STEPS)
This is a mandatory Curriculum component. (See Rotation Schedule to see where STEPS occurs)
More to come.
- OB-GYN/Anesthesia (8 weeks)
- Family Medicine (Four weeks)
- Internal Medicine (Eight weeks)
- Neurology (Four weeks)
- Pediatrics (Eight weeks)
- Psychiatry (Four weeks)
- Surgery (8 weeks)
- Radiology (two week): Required Clerkship for graduation. It may be taken in Phase 2 or Phase 3. If taken during Phase 2, it will occur during your Vacation/Elective block
Instead of taking a vacation month during Phase 2, students may take any IU School of Medicine elective that is approved for third-year students, including up to two Career Exploration Electives. Additionally, during the two-week period juxtaposed with anesthesia, students may take a two-week elective or vacation.
- You will have a four- week block that can be used for Vacation or Electives.
- Time Away Requests